Hello and welcome to my site! I'm Donna Schlachter, and I'm so glad you stopped by to visit. I am a writer, speaker, editor, and woman of God, in addition to being a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and aunt.
Now, about my little corner of the internet: I call my site HiStoryThruTheAges because I believe the only stories worth telling are His stories. I figure if the reader can't see God at work in the story in a way that can be translated into their own life, the author has failed.
This site celebrates the things that unite us, define us, and propel us forward.
the very root of it all, we share the same story, you and me.
every book has a beginning, a middle, and an end, so does our story.
Our beginning is our need for redemption, reconciliation, and rebirth.
The middle is what we do when that initial need is met.
And the end is where we go when our journey here is complete.
me as we explore history through the ages, from the beginning, through
the middle, and to the conclusion, in the form of historical suspense
and historical romance, written with a Christian worldview. No
preaching. No lectures. Just good, old-fashioned storytelling meant to
educate, entertain, and enlighten.
I am represented by
Terrie Wolf of AKA Literary Agency: akalm.net
Terrie is an inspiration to me,
sometimes forcing me to dig deeper than I really want to go, but in the
end, the story is always better.
If you're an editor who is interested in my pre-published works, please contact her: email@example.com or 719-368-6390
A few other things you might like:
My newsletter includes a short article on
recent research I've done, books I've read, upcoming releases,
writing-related news, and a devotion about writing. You can unsubscribe
at any time, and we will never sell your information.
- My blog, where you'll find articles, interviews, book reviews, and more: Click here
- My published works: Books
- My up and coming works: Pre-published
- Topics of interest to writers: Writers
- Links to fun things like conferences: Links
- I invite you to subscribe to my quarterly newsletter, and for doing so, I'll send you a free gift: a 10-day writing challenge. If you're a writer or have aspirations to write, my 10-day writing challenge may be the inspiration you need.
* indicates required